Friday, January 30, 2009

First 2 Days...

Ah, summer weather!! I am definitely not going to see snow for awhile! Here in Buenos Aires it is a balmy 80 degrees during the day. We have had rain showers the past 2 days off and on which helps to cool the city.

My family is very nice. There are 5 of them and all are very happy to have me here and are very patient with me when I don't understand something. My house is very nice and my room tiny but nice!

The city is very beautiful! On the way home from the airport, we passed where the national selection and training fields are for the Associacion de Futbol de Argentina were. The highway took us past several of the barrios into the heart of the city.

I am finding the food very strange but not bad. Last night for dinner, we went out for pizza at a pizzeria a block from my house. Today for lunch we had an assortment of rice, fried eggs, hot dogs and fresh fruit.

I went shopping with Olga and Stefi for a birthday present today and talking and listening to and with them makes it easy to understand. At the store, it was fairly easy for me to understand and converse with the sales lady.

I am very fond of the television that my family has. I watch lots of tv with the children. There are two shows that I love. Telenovelas for young people. They are easy to follow and I can understand a lot of what they say.

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment