Having been here for one month, I have pretty much settled in to life in Buenos Aires and being a resident instead of a tourist. There are still times (lots of them) that I feel like a tourist or want to be one and act like one, but I also feel like I live here too. I am becoming more proficient at using the transportation systems like the colectivos and the subte. They are becoming easier to navigate. It is also becoming easier to understand when someone is speaking to me. Especially given the Argentine accent.
Since my last update I have done many things! On Wednesday 18 February, I went kyaking on Delta del Tigre. We were split into 2 groups. I was in the first group and we kyaked to the island. Once there, we enjoyed some sun and volleyball as well as just some time to relax and hang out with everybody. I got a bit burnt while kyaking. On the way back from the island we were on a boat while the other group kyaked. It was quite strenuous work.
The following day was my 21st birthday. I celebrated American style with some of my friends. We went to dinner at a great Chinese restaurant and then went to some bars and to the club. The club closed quite early, at 430a so we made our way to a bar close by. I stayed out until 6 or 630a and had quite a fabulous time! The last day of class happened to be the next day and I didnt want to miss it but I did go in late.
Starting on Monday 23 February was Orientation Week for all new and international students attending la UCA for the semester. I met my professors, registered for classes, ate a typical Argentine asado (a BBQ basically), had a tango lesson, and took a trip to the campo- the countryside. While there, I rode a horse (it tried to canter= not fun) and ate another asado which was fabulous. All you can eat food and all you can drink wine and beer. It was a very good afternoon spent in the country and I got a little bit of sun.
That is pretty much it. Today was supposed to be a great trip to the zoo but it rained (out of nowhere) so I postponed my trip there. Tomorrow morning, early early, I leave with my friends from AU to go to Uruguay. We are going to visit Montevideo and Punta del Diablo, I believe. It is a really nice beach for some sun and relaxation before classes begin on 9 March. I am looking forward to the start of classes. Im not sure what they will be like but hopefully they wont be too difficult!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment